I know I have posted a lot today...but they were all previous (old) posts and I had to post a current blog.
Today was a very special day at our house. We always make a big celebration out of Gotcha Day and today was no exception. We are actually making this a 2 day celebration. Jason is taking the day off tomorrow and we are having a special lunch with Nana (my mom) and Nanny and Pops (Jason's parents) at The Spaghetti Factory. I fixed a big Chinese dinner tonight complete with wonton soup and crab rangoon and we are so stuffed from Chinese...so we welcome a different cuisine tomorrow.
After dinner, we watched the video from our gotcha day. It is something that we watch every year....several times throughout the year, but this time Emma Grace had more questions. Why did I do that.....? Why did you do that..? Did I do this? Etc...etc...
We laughed and cried and just enjoyed being together tonight. Emma Grace didn't want me to turn it off...she doesn't understand...we have about 20 tapes from China...too much for one night.
When i think back to that special day, I am still overwhelmed with the emotions. What a blessing Emma Grace was/is to our life, our family. I really cant imagine what we did before she came along. She is such a special girl and I know that God created her especially for our family. She is so much like both of us...it is scary sometimes. She is a little social butterfly and she loves to sing and talk...:)
She has walked around all day singing, "happy gotcha day to mommy, daddy and Emma Grace" We have celebrated every year, but this year she seems to be more excited about it all.
I am so thankful for her and all she has brought to this family. She is so sweet and we love her so much!! I don't really know what else to say....I am really so tired, I cant even think at this point. I think I will call it a night....we have a busy day tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment