Thursday, September 18, 2008

One Day till Gotcha Day!!

Originally posted September 17, 2005

Today we were ready for all the sightseeing. We actually slept all night long. Our bodies are now adjusted to China time. We headed out this morning and went to Tianemen Square and The Forbidden City. There were so many people there today. They are preparing for China National Day which starts October 1. So lots of work going on there today.We had a wonderful guide, Mr Lian. He was so knowledgeable about all we saw today. Of course, I knew I would never remember all of it, so I made sure it was all on video. The architecture here is so beautiful!

The Forbidden City

We had Peking Duck for lunch today!! It was so good. Tastes like chicken...:). I couldn't help but think of The Christmas Story movie. We also saw our first "Squatty Potty". I decided to pass on that experience. I didn't have to go that bad.
Squatty Potty
We had a brief orientation on what the plans are for our big day tomorrow.
We got a update on Emma Grace. Again it said she was quiet...just like her mommy. Oh...and that she was impatient sometimes. Can't imagine where she gets that from.....hmmm.....??

We then hit The Great Wall. We didn't make it all the way to the top, but Jason didn't miss it by much. I made it about half the way up and then just sat down and waited for him. Why must they wear us out the day before we get our babies??We had a great dinner at Pizza Hut and after shopping again at the Carrefour store, we are headed to bed. We have to have our luggage packed and ready for pickup at 6:30 am. Our plane leaves at 10:50 and we head to Nanchang. We are "scheduled" to get the babies at 4:00 pm Sunday. Which will be 3:00 am Sunday for you. So while you are all nestled in your beds, our whole life will be changing.....for the absolutely definite better.

At The Great Wall

Love, Jason & Denise

No comments: