Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sightseeing

Originally Posted September 16, 2005
We started out early this morning and headed to The Pearl Market. Lots of shopping going on. The 4th floor has very nice expensive pearl jewelry and the other 3 floors is like the flea market. All kinds of private vendors selling everything imaginable. They are very pushy about it too. They started bargaining with you to buy even when you aren't even interested in their product. And they have no definition of "personal space" and you know how well that went over with me.

Tianamen Square

It was so hilarious though.....Jason and I were wearing our buttons with Emma Grace's picture and the people kept stopping us asking if she was our baby and then commenting on how she looked like Jason. Well, I took mine off b/c I couldn't handle all of that, but Jason refused....he was loving the attention. We went down one aisle and I just ignored them and kept walking. When I got to the end, I turned around expecting to see my husband and he was no where to be found. I looked at the opposite end of the aisle and there he was. Surrounded by about 15 girls all up in his face wanting to see Emma Grace's picture. He was just standing there nodding and grinning.

Ling-Ling the Panda at The Beijing Zoo

From there we made a quick stop at The Beijing Zoo and saw Ling Ling the panda and several others. Some of them looked like we felt....exhausted. Then on to The Summer Palace. It was beautiful there. The architecture and artistry work on the buildings is amazing. And the weather has been so beautiful...around the high 70's with a nice breeze.It is still so hard to believe that we are here. It is so surreal to think that after all these long months of waiting, we are only 3 hours away from Emma Grace. Wow!!!

The Summer Palace


Talk to you soon!
Jason & Denise

No comments: