As our Gotcha Day nears this Thursday, I have been thinking about our trip to China 3 years ago. In some ways, it seems like just yesterday, but it was so surreal, sometimes it still seems like such a dream.
Anyway, I have decided to take the next week or so and post the blogs from that wonderful trip. Some of you walked through that journey with us and you have already read these, but there are many of you who we were not blessed to know at that time.
I hope you enjoy reliving our experience with us as we take this walk down memory lane.
Originally posted September 14/15, 2005
Well, after many, many hours of flying, we finally made it to Beijing at 2:35 pm (that would be 1:35 am US time). The flight was overbooked, so we didn't have any room to stretch out. But believe it or not, I did pretty good. I listened to music most of the time. And of course, all the snacks we had packed helped out...thanks, CSI!!!!
I can not believe we are finally here!! After all these months, it is so surreal to know that we are just 3 days away from Emma Grace. WOW!!!
View from our hotel room
We got checked in and met 3 other families from our group. They showed us around and got us somewhat acclimated to the hotel and surrounding area. We are staying at the Beijing Radisson. It is very nice.
Carrefour Store
Parking Lot at the Carrefour
We went next door to the Carrefour store (somewhat like a Walmart Supercenter) to get a few things we needed. They have EVERY kind of live creature imaginable. Turtle, eel, sardines, all kinds of fish and many things I could not identify. You just pick out what you want and take it home with you. TO EAT!!!!
Hungry anyone?
We came back to the hotel and ate at the Chinese Restaurant here. It was really good. Donna-I know what you are wondering...Yes, they had chicken feet stew. Needless to say we didn't try that.
Well, I think we are ready to call it a night. As I sit here typing this, Jason is sitting here (in the business center) asleep. We are very tired. It is 7:00 pm and we have now been up for about 27 hours.
Tomorrow we are going to the Pearl Market, Beijing Zoo and the Summer Palace. That should be lots of fun.
Thanks to everyone who has played a part in helping us get here!!! We appreciate all the prayers over the last year. They have been heard and we have felt the results of them.
We love you!!!
Jason and Denise
1 comment:
Denise~
I am excited to read this. Please keep sharing.
Rick and I decided that as soon as we get through the transplant stuff. We are going to start the adoption process.. Hopefully we will have our own precious princess. and Gotcha day.
Love you,
Jodi
Post a Comment