I haven't been on in a few days, so this will be a hodge podge post. Just a plethora of thoughts, I suppose.
Last week was Emma Grace's 2nd week at Mother's Day Out. She loves her new class and her new teacher, Mrs. Rowena. All of her friends from last year are in
class with her again this year, so that makes it nice. She has been able to jump right in with her good friends, Claire and Ella. On the first day, Emma Grace and Claire told Mrs. Rowena that they were the only "good kids" in the class. Of course, by the 2nd day during nap time they were "surfing" on their mats. Then the 3rd day, we had the "purple" episode (see previous post). Well, on the 4th day when I picked her up Mrs. Rowena informed me that they had some smooching going on in the church library. Emma Grace and Maverick were showing love to each other and had to be separated. Oh my goodness.....I am really feeling like that "reaping" thing is about to start kicking in. She seriously could not be any more like me if I had given birth to her. Totally proves the whole "nurture vs. nature" theory.
Then Friday night we had a girls sleepover at my friend, Amanda's. Complete with all our children.....b/c all the men had gone on a camping/boating trip. 12 kids and 7 girls. We ate junk food, chocolate, played games, watched videos, talked and laughed ALL NIGHT LONG!! The kids went out about midnight and we all hit the sack between 5:00 am-6:00 am.....only to be awakened at 7:00 am. We...translation-Amanda, fixed breakfast and I finally dragged Emma Grace home about 11:00 am. I tried to get her out earlier but she said, quote..."But mommy, I don't want to miss all the fun stuff". After a little bribing we came home and took a well deserved 4 hour nap.
That's about it for the weekend....as i try to hold my eyelids open long enough to finish this posting. I am realizing that I am not as young as I once was....this all night stuff is not as easy as it used to be....but in the moment, it sure is fun.
2 comments:
I love that pic...and that dress : ) Hey, Annslee only plays with boys and announces "Annslee LOVES boys" oh my we are both in trouble!!!
The sleepover sounds like fun but tiring : )
Oh I bet you girls had a blast!!!!
Sleepovers are sooo much fun.
Emma Grace is such a curious one.
Just think it only gets better :)
Tracy
Post a Comment