I am feeling a little bittersweet today. I am so excited about the opening ceremonies of the 2008 Olympics in Beijing that will take place tonight. To be honest, I have never really watched too much of the Olympics....but the fact that China is the host this year...I will be glued to the TV over the next 2 weeks. When we were in China in 2005, we picked up a few Olympic souvenirs...but not as many as I wish. I know things will be crazy over there, but I wish I was there to take it all in!! I wish I had soaked in more of the culture while we were there....but being a tourist and sightseeing was not really what I was there for....so I got into total "mommy mode" and took care of my China girl and was the videographer/photographer. I will relive it all through the magic of video.
China is a very beautiful country with some of the most beautiful, gracious, kind people. Everyone we met on our trip was so nice...we have not one complaint. I can't wait to return there and show my girl the country that we hold so close in our hearts.
On the other hand....I am somewhat sad today. Last night, Jason and I sat up and watched Larry King live and his interview with the Steven Curtis Chapman family as they discussed the loss of their China girl, Maria Sue. My heart hurts with them and it is so hard to watch as they talk about the events of May 21. Steven and Mary Beth held up really well, although you could see the pain on their face. I was very proud of their son, Will Franklin, who is dealing with his own personal loss as he feels so responsible. He is a very mature young man and I know that God is going to bring so much good out of this tragedy. I can't imagine what this family is going through each and every day. If you didn't get a chance to see the interview, here is a portion of the show...Steven Curtis Chapman on Larry King Live. Please continue to keep this family in your prayers. They still need uplighting and support as they continue to mourn. They are a wonderful family who have done so much for the adoption community and the children in China.

We miss you, Maria.....
No comments:
Post a Comment