Thursday, August 7, 2008

9 years ago....

Today is a special day for Jason and I. It is our 9 year anniversary. 9 years ago today, I married the most wonderful man. He has become a wonderful husband and a fantastic, loving father. We met on this same day 10 years ago (through a blind date). Before the date was over, I knew he was the man I was going to marry. I had always heard that when you met "mr. right" you will know it....and for me that was so true. I remember so clearly....my mom was in bed when I got home on that Friday night, so I left her a note...."great guy, had a great time, I am going to marry him". And exactly 1 year later, marry him is what I did.

He is a man of God and he loves, takes care of and provides for his family. He sacrifices a lot so that I can stay home with our daughter. And I deeply appreciate that!

In celebration of our anniversary, we went to our favorite restaurant, The Melting Pot. I love this place!! Everything about it is wonderful....the cheese fondue, the salad, the meats, veggies and of course the chocolate fondue. Tonight we tried the Yin Yang chocolate...white chocolate and dark chocolate perfectly swirled together in the Yin Yang design/symbol. Yum, Yum!!

We left completely satisfied and stuffed. I only wish that we could afford to go there more than once a year.

As I think back on our 9 years together as husband and wife, there have been some hard times as well as good, fun times. But through it all, we have walked through it all together and have come out stronger for it.

I am blessed to have a husband who loves me and our daughter so much and a man who follows God and daily strives to walk closer to him.

Happy Anniversary, honey.....I love you!!

No comments: