Today Emma Grace & I made muffins to take to her gymnastics open house. It is not until Saturday, but tomorrow is our anniversary and we won't be home and Friday is my early shop day at Encores and More Consignment sale and then that night I am having a "Girls Night Out" slumber party with a bunch of friends. So...I made them today and just like my mother would do(Lord, help me)....I am going to freeze them until Saturday.
Emma Grace loves to help in the kitchen. She loves to watch Rachel Ray and Everyday Italian. Most of the time...when we are having "a good day", I don't mind her helping me.....lucky for her, today she saved the drama for after muffin baking.
She went down for a nap and apparently did not want to sleep. So long story short....after a few times of going in to talk to her....there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth.....and she just laid in her bed and cryed....this was after she had stripped her clothes off and thrown them across the room.
She finally calmed down and got up a little bit ago. She is so funny/sweet....she came in here and said, "Mommy, I am sorry for all that carryin' on in there earlier". She is always so good about apologizing...if I have done one thing right, it is teach her to be empathetic and apologize when she is wrong. So far, so good.
I am so glad that in my first post I made it clear that she really is a sweet, sweet girl....b/c on days like today....I am convinced one of us will not make it to her 4th birthday.
Denise ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment