Friday, August 15, 2008

Emotional Tears.....

Well...as I am write these words I am wiping the flow of tears from my face. I am a little emotional today. For various reasons. The most recent being something fairly simple, I guess. I have been watching the girls gymnastics and the award ceremony. I am proud of both the US and China. The US placed Gold and Silver, with China making Bronze. The girls are so amazing and so talented. I don't really know why the award ceremony is making my cry. I guess b/c my child is taking gymnastics and she told me the other night "I want to be in the Olympics". I am partial to the gymnasts. Also...for obvious reasons I pull for both sides....I love the US and support our athletes...but I also dearly love China. It is a beautiful country with beautiful people. I will always have huge love for the country and its people and I hope Emma Grace does as well.

Another reason for the flow of tears....I spent this afternoon/evening at the funeral home paying my final respects for my aunt. I am saddened by her loss. She was 1 of 14 children and the last remaining child. My grandfather, who I was extremely close to, was her brother. As a child, when I would spend time at my grandparents in the summer, Aunt Opal would always come over. She would always make comments as to "how spoiled I was" by my granddaddy or "how crazy we were about each other". So tonight, as I sat and watched the slide show of family pictures (many of my grandfather), it was a little like saying goodbye to him all over again. He was a wonderful man and a wonderful example of a Godly man....hard working, honest, husband and father. He always was and will always be my hero.
I originally had more that I wanted to say, but at this point.....I just cant go any further.

Rest in Peace, Aunt Opal......we will miss you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Denise..
We are praying for you guys.. So sorry about the loss of your Aunt Opal.
much Love,
Jodi

Anonymous said...

Now I am fighting emotional tears! I'm so sorry for your loss, and I think at this point in our lives, it's emotional for the closing of a generation that led the way. I know when my last grandparent died, I had a terrible time with it, and I think some of it was because I knew my parents would be next. That may sound morbid, but life does change, and we miss those that go on. But! God is always good, and we'll see those that led the way again!
Hugs for you today.