Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes...


My baby girl brings so much laughter to our home...she just cracks me up sometimes with things she says. Other times she amazes me with her innocent wisdom.

Today we rode with my mom to Knoxville to pick a friend of hers up who has been staying with her daughter and son in law. As we were getting ready to leave, Emma Grace was trying to convince me to sit in the back seat with her. This is the conversation that transpired...

Me: No, baby, I am going to sit in the front.
EG: (whiny voice) But who is going to sit back there with me?
Me: Jesus
EG: (continually growing whiny voice) But I want someone who is real
Me: Jesus is real
EG: (really annoyed now) But I want somebody real that I can play with!

Needless to say, when we got in the car we had a long discussion about how Jesus is real and He is always with you, even though you can't see Him. She has never really seemed to think about this concept until lately and she is having a hard time with it.

Jump forward several shopping and traveling hours later....we are "trying" to find our friends house based on Mapquest directions....which I am convinced was created by the devil!! So....we are lost...I am trying to help mom and figure out where we are going and Emma Grace is wanting to CONTINUALLY talk.....no idea where she gets that from...;0). Here is that conversation...

Me: Emma Grace honey, please be quiet for a few minutes. We are lost and trying to figure out where we are going.
EG: But we are already found....
Me: We are? Who found us?
EG: Jesus....He came down from Heaven and He found us

Isn't that the sweetest thing? I'm tellin ya....you can't make this stuff up. The girl amazes me.....she is such a little wonder.

I am blessed beyond what I deserve.



No comments: