- Emma Grace was in a wedding (on her birthday....she seemed to think all the celebration was in her honor) :)
- We celebrated her 4th birthday with huge Mickey/Minnie Mouse birthday party at the indoor playground at Cornerstone Church. It was great....however, since I am a mom who tends to go way overboard...by the time we included family, church friends and school friends we had almost 60 people there....but the kids had a blast. And my mom did a fabulous job on the cake!!

- We had dinner at Puleo's Grille in Murfreesboro on EG's b-day (after the wedding)
- Emma Grace dressed up as Minnie Mouse for Halloween. We had lunch with my mom and my brother and his family. We did the Trail of Treats at Moss-Wright park and then took EG to trick or treat in my old neighborhood. Very emotional and nostalgic for me as we visited homes of childhood friends and homes that I always trick or treated at.

- We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my home with Jason's parents and my mom and grandma. Of course, mom and I spent Black Friday shopping!!!
- December, of course, was busy with church choir programs, banquets, parties, cookie/candy making and shopping. We had a Christmas party with our adoption play group...always so much fun to get together with them! We also had a get together w/several of the families we traveled to China with. So neat to see the girls together!! Nana came up a few days before Christmas and we made lots of candy and she and Emma Grace did a Christmas "make it and bake it" craft....just like when I was a kid. Christmas day was a flurry of activity at our house. We got up early and opened gifts. Emma Grace got a "big dollhouse" which has provided hours and hours of entertainment....best $60 I have ever spent. Thanks to Doug-Doug and Lori and Nanny and Pops who furnished the place!! I cooked a breakfast casserole and then my brother, sis-in-law, niece and grandma came up (mom had been there for a few days already). We had a wonderful lunch (if I say so myself) ;). Then we opened gifts and enjoyed the day together. EG and I always make a red velvet cake for Jesus' birthday...complete with candles and a song. We had a great day. I wish we had spent more time really soaking in the day with grandma....if we had only known it would've been her last one...(more on that in another post).
- January was filled with a lot of sickness at our house. I got a really bad case of strep throat and then my grandmother was put in the hospital. Then the next week EG and Jason both got strep throat. I spent a lot of time at the hospital with Grandma. One positive note....I was awarded "Teacher of the Year" at church. From the church I received a $50 Visa Gift card and from The Kings Kids (my children's choir) I received a $100 gift card to The Melting Pot (my absolute favorite)!! I was surprised and very appreciative of the award and the gifts.
- Which brings us to February....my grandmother passed away and I spent most of the month trying to get things back to normal and just put one foot in front of the other. Another positive note....every year our pastor selects a "couple of the year". This year, Jason and I were selected. Again, we were very honored and appreciative of this award. Although, there were numerous other couples who are very deserving. We received a $50 gift card to PF Changs....which we have yet to used.....waiting on a babysitter for date night....anyone interested? :)
- Now we are in March and I am so glad to see some springlike warm weather....a beautiful 80 degrees today!! Of course, tomorrow is only supposed to be 45...so we will all be sick. Consignment sales have started and I got a great deal at Encores and More North. I found a brand new/with tags dress for EG. It retailed for $104, was priced at $32....great enough deal, huh?? But wait, there's more. I was waiting to check out and noticed a couple of spots on it....and i really debated putting it back. $32 for a brand new, never before worn dress and it already had spots.....anyway....the dress was actually an item of the owner....and she gave it to me for $16!!! Half-price!!! So, I am thinking it will be EG's Easter dress....but if I find something I like more, I won't feel so guilty, b/c I got such a great deal!!
Well.....I think that about catches me up for now.....I do have something to share about my grandmother, but I will save that for later.
No comments:
Post a Comment